My favorite part of Thanksgiving...You said it. THE EATING.
So, this year, my friend Nikki is having us over her apartment. She will be hosting dinner! I am in charge of the following:
1) Garlic Leek Mashed Potatoes
2) Home made Cranberry Orange Sauce
3) Apple Pie
4) Sweet Potato Casserole or Souffles
I of course am baking my own turkey at home early in the morning so Jeffrey and I can have leftovers all week.
Here are some of my ideas already to name a few:
1) Turkey Pot Pie
2) Turkey/Mashed Potato/Cranberry Panini's
3) Turkey Stuffing Casserole
So I did my Grocery Shopping EARLY Saturday morning to beat the rush. I turned out to be the only person in the grocery line. I guess I forgot I live in Brooklyn, where there are no early risers. Every hipster sleeps in until 3pm. Lucky me!
I'll be posting my recipes up for you tomorrow if you'd like to give some of these a go.
And of course the delicious before and after photos of the yummy dinner spread.
THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR (in no particular order)
3) My fun job and my amazing mentor bosses
7) Warm Socks
9) My health
10) Leggings (you'll come in handy on Thanksgiving).
|Fresh Apples for Apple Pie & some Cider|
|Fresh Bread for the Stuffing mix|
|Granny Smiths & Pink Ladies|
|Cinnamon Sticks and Honey for the Cider|