Christmas Day was so nice this year. I feel blessed to have spent it with such good friends and their wonderful families here in NYC. Although I did not travel this year, and I miss my family very much...I will be seeing them in a couple of weeks when I travel to LA. I preferred not traveling during the Holiday this year, and staying local. It just too crazy when you travel for work, it's nice to just lay low for a while.
Here are some of the best highlights below:
1) Nikki & Eric hosted Christmas Day get together at their new apartment!
2) Nikki's Dad & Sister come into town as a surprise for Xmas!
3) Tonya has her momma & sister in town from Portland and little Oliver comes along!
4) Acacia, Erica & Andrea join us for a fun Holiday celebration night.
5) Michelle cooks up her Hanukkah potato pancakes!
6) Janet Yoest makes a guest appearance!
7) Ame gets to come along!
8) We play pictionary & catch phrase.
9) We drink xmas shots & eat delicious "Sugarmama" cookies all night!
Nikki & Eric Smoked a HUGE Salmon, made sweet potatos & a wild rice cheese peeloff.
Tonya made the Delicious Brussel Sprout Salad.
I baked my friend Amy's Brisket Recipe! Here it is below if you want to try it (if you are not a vegi man/woman). It was a HIT! I also would double my mushrooms next time! FYI everyone wanted more mushrooms!!
DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS... who needs sales when you have...
10) Pies & Thighs for Brunch!
S. 4th Brooklyn, NYC
We avoid the madness of the after christmas shopping sales, and stay local. Ride bikes, take nice walks & go see YOUNG ADULT in the evening.
I believe the moral of the story is:
Money can't buy you happiness. Especially when blinded by denial & alcohol & reality TV shows.
Move on, and make the best of it. Dang, we were all laughing really hard, but I have to be honest... IT WAS EXTREMELY PAINFUL TO WATCH!! P.S. Charlize does an AMAZING job playing the role of a high school popular girl, who was just as shallow then as she is now. A "ghostwriter", she is a washed up, exhausted, starving for material, piggy back author. Kudos to her for protraying this crazy bitch character. Hilarious, I secretly love her.
"Everyone gets old, not everyone grows up". Exactly!!!!