INSTAPOT FAVE RECIPES- #2- AWARD WINNING CHILLI

PARENTS POKER NIGHT - 

This was a super fun night, let me just start off by saying... I don’t actually like to gamble, I hate it actually.  My mother has a terrible serious addiction to gambling, and it’s a long story, but I have never personally enjoyed Vegas.  HOWEVER, I do love snacks, good company, loud happy laughing faces having a great time, and being around friends.  So I was ALL IN for that.  I sat out the games while the rest of the parents played.  I really enjoyed watching and actually another mom sat out with me and we got to bonding while we snacked on everything in the kitchen (I say “we”, but it was mostly “me”).  

My contribution for this party was this chilli.  And yuuum yummm it was pretty damn good if I say so myself.  Okay, full disclosure (another reason I don’t play poker, I can’t hide a lie)... I didnt’ add bacon to mine, but I really regret not adding it because it would have made a world of difference.  So the recipe below calls for bacon, and I’m adding it to this here below version.  DO IT, DO IT... ADD THE BACON.  




INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
6 strips of bacon, chopped
1 Can (15 ounces) kidney beans
1 Can (15 ounces) black beans
1 Can (15 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes w/ juice
1 Can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 large red onion, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped —> I bought a can of diced green jalapeños and called it a day.  
2 Cups Beef Stock
1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
2 Teaspoons ground cumin
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic

For Garnish:
Sour Cream
Cilantro
Cheese Shredded
Avocado slices (I added this cause it was bomb).

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Turn on your instapot to sauté and add bacon
2) Cook until crispy, stirring often to cook evenly.
3) Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
4) Add the onions and peppers and cook until tender.
5) Add the meat and cook until browned.
6) Drain off any excess grease, or tilt the pot and use a large spoon to ladel out.
7) Add all of the remaining ingredients and 3/4 of the bacon and stir to combine. 
8) Turn the instapot to Chili (if you don’t have a “chilli” setting, use the “manual” setting) and cook for 18-20 min.  Allow pressure to release solo the whole time, should be about 15 min.  
9) Serve with limes, cheese, bits of extra bacon, avocado, and sour cream!!  

BTW, the colors in this are DIVINE!!!!!  
Yum!!


Here are pictures..



Comments

  1. I was so excited to finally be able to purchase my instant pot for my birthday but was disappointed when it came. The first thing I noticed when I opened the lid was that it smelled like it had been used and the inner pot had water spots instant pot recipes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment