9 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS- PRESENTS FOR THE BAKER

With Christmas being only 9 days away, I'm going to be honest... I haven't done ANY Christmas shopping.  Lot's of reasons here, been super busy, Christmas came way fast this year after Thanksgiving, and well... I live in NY.  There is no space for "stuff" in my tiny apartment & remember it's crazy expensive to live here... any spare money goes to bills, rent, food & just living.  So, I'm making a wish list, which is more like a "dream list".  

So let's go by order...and please feel free to use this as Christmas shopping lists for yourselves!

DREAM KITCHEN LIST FOR THE BAKER :































Beautiful Brooklyn Dishtowels:





A whole cookie making set for $49.95


You'll need one of these when you make scones, or bake bread, or make pizza... handling dough is awesome when you have one of these bad boys...







Pastry Scraper/Chopper. 



I love non wooden cutting boards.  The wooden ones freak me out, sort of house germs very easily.

I've always wanted one of these...it's a food mill.  I watched the barefoot contessa make mashed potatoes and process them in this food mill in like 10 seconds... she makes everything look so easy.
OXO- BRAND- 

FOOD PROCESSOR- in an awesome color.  This is actually an amazing priced little item.  Can be found here at Whisk (best kitchen store in Brooklyn). 

I actually don't have one of these, it's a potato ricer.  I guess it's same as the food mill.  Maybe the food mill works faster...




And what about a lovely cake / desert tray...??  Where the hell would I put this?  I'm not sure, but it's so pretty.  If you have space...good for you! Buy this!
 



MY FAVORITE COOK BOOKS:
1) What Katie Ate

 


2) The Commonsense Cookbook

3)  Smitten Kitchen cookbook


4) Sprouted Kitchen

NEW COOKBOOKS I WANT TO TRY:


A NEW COOK BOOK - brought to you by a new pie shop in Brooklyn, which  I must visit... it's on my list of things to do before Xmas.  Stay tuned for that.

 You all know how much I love pies.  


NOTHING EVER WRONG WITH COMFORT FOOD

I love the way the house smells when you bake bread... so why not a bread baking book?



GUYS- SOME OF THE BEST GIFTS ARE THE PRACTICAL ONES YOU USE EVERY DAY- 
love my to go coffee mug- by OXO.  You can find this at Target.com


Very non practical are these mini cast iron skillets.  You can bake eggs in these.  Cornbread ,   Or make chocolate brownies in them.  They're pretty awesome.





This will seem odd, but the BEST present I've ever had, were sharp japanese kitchen knives.  I love to cook now, my cutting time has been cut in half.    





LE CREUSET ANYTHING-- HEAVEN FOR THE KITCHEN MANIAC


This here is some sausage and gravy I made for biscuits this morning for my buddies... it was delish.  


The biscuits needed to be double in size, and maybe needed more butter and buttermilk cream.  They were delicious, but really could have been better.  Well, that's how you get good... PRACTICE, PRACTICE PRACTICE!

See you tomorrow!


Comments