Detox, Diets & Dinners, Drinks... Crash and Burn.

Hey all,

I decided to start a "modified" Detox last week, when I got on the scale, and saw that it's going to opposite direction of where I want it to go (it's all in my bootie, I swear)...

But it's just not as easy as it seems when you have business dinners, with amazing food, wine and company.  So it's "modified".  Meaning, I eat, drink, and merry.  I have kicked Maggie's Donuts, drinking a lot more water in the day. 

Here are some great new restaurants I tried last week, for you foodies that need some LA recommendations.

REDBIRD-
http://redbird.la/
 Things to order here, and things to pass on:

ORDER:
Mini chicken pot pies
Basque Cod Fish
Burrata Salad
Shishito Peppers, HOT AS F*CK. all of them. so eat the mini biscuits in the shape of kisses in between peppers, and ask for a glass of milk.

PASS ON:
Dessert, and just order more cocktails.  I never abandon any sweet, but for some reason, both desserts we ordered were not interesting, or delicious.  We left both on the dishes, and I just had another glass of their delicious wine.



 ROKU SUSHI- in W.Hollywood

ON Sunset Blvd. 
I was too busy eating to take pictures.  I have a few regrets here, not ordering enough Sushi.  We ordered so many of their baked fish, and steaks... what else do you come to Sushi Roku for?  I had one Spicy Tuna Hand Roll, a WHOLE LOT OF HOT SAKI, and I CANNOT stop thinking about their DESSERT! THE Smores desert!!  Amazing!!  So here is what you order  here.  The BAKED COD fish, sushi, hand rolls, Saki & Smore's.  That's all that matters.



Finally- Not new to me, my favorite new place to eat...the LINE hotel.
COMMISSARY-  http://www.eatatpot.com/commissary-menus/
Both for POT and Commissary, Chef Roi Choi is incredibly talented... I'm determined to meet him next time I'm there.   I could eat at POT every day , for the record, I love MEAT.  But, tonight, I decided to go to Commissary, the more delicate side of the Line.

Commissary is like eating in a "Glass Greenhouse", with amazing cocktails (served out of plastic to go cups) , beautiful vintage dishes, and lap towels.  Family style, you sit in a long community table with strangers...so you can't be bothered by this, and be willing to accidentally eaves drop, and be eaves dropped on when you are eating here.
ORDER:

AVOCADO TOAST
CHARRED CARROTS
CHICKEN POZOLE
DEVILED EGGS
RIGATONI
CAULIFLOWER STEAK
AND IF NOTHING ELSE... ORDER TWO ORDERS OF THE STICKY DATE PUDDING. You will fight , and possibly bite the persons hand off for taking the last bite if you have to share this dish.  The people next to us were licking their plates, and that's how we knew I needed my own.














HOW'S PEA?
She's amazing!!!  Getting so big!!  Check this out.  A record 4 inches in 5 months.... good thing I'm keeping track. :)
THESE LASHES.  AND EYEBROWS... I MAY EAT HER IN HER SLEEP.

LOOKING ADORABLE

Helping Mommy bake a Pie



Tomorrow I see my most favorite artist of all time, Miss Jenny Lewis, and the Watson Twins. 
AT THIS VENUE... with M.Ward opening... I may cry, it's going to explode my mind.   I can't even wait... more to come.



Comments