GIRL CRUSH- JENNY LEWIS

I had the opportunity to attend my most favorite artist of all time's show last night, that was playing at a breathtaking venue... a CATHOLIC CHURCH.
The Cathedral Sanctuary of the Immanuel Presbyterian Church.

If you are not a fan, you may listen to her music and think... hmm, it's beautiful, or too folky for me.  But if you were to see her LIVE, you'd instantly fall in love with her, regardless of who you are or what your personal preference in music is.  If you don't, you probably don't like puppies, or angels, or nice people and are probably not normal.

I remember I bought my first record player when I lived in Seattle, at a vintage store.  It is a piece of furniture that turns into a record player.  I bought it for $45.00.  My first record was Micheal Jackson's BAD album.  My SECOND record of all time, was JENNY LEWIS AND THE WATSON TWINS... RABBIT FUR COAT.  I remember I saw her live in Seattle when she did her "Jenny & Johnny Tour", and bought this record here.  Walked out like a super hipster, in tears from being moved by the show, all emotional hugging my vinyl.  I was a fan of her's long before this though... when she was Rilo Kiley.  There is not an album that I don't dislike of her's , they are all special and unique in their own way.  Like snowflakes. 

This night was however, so special.  The venue, to see the Watson twins & M.Ward perform with her in this place.  Her set list was perfect.

First set was : RABBIT FUR COAT
15 min intermission...
Second set was: The Voyager

Opening up with Run. Devil, Run...walking down the aisles with candles in their hands slowly in the dark.  So quiet except their voices singing... Run, devil Run...from Love.


Here are just a few breathtaking images from the amazing night, with my one of a kind friend... KK-Rad.  Let's do it again, K. This time without the madness. ;)





 























Comments