What the hell have you been up to?

Hey Ya'll!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! OH MY GOD, I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!

WOW, time flies when you're busy... 

My last post was 12/22/2013, A little over 2 YEARS AGO.

Well, what the hell have I been up to?

Let me tell you what... a whole lot.  I grew a little human inside of me, and was able to crank it out in 9 months, healthy, beautiful, super hilarious, and with the best smile I've ever laid eyes on.  Her name is Penelope Rae.  And man is she adorable... So you can understand why I've not had time to update my blog, up until now.  She is now almost 18 months, and personality is bursting out of her like firecrackers at a 4th of July.  She amazes me every day.  Children really are such sponges, I see her doing things that I do everyday, when I think she's not watching me.  You better believe she's watching, listening.  Like it or not, I'm setting the example.  So there in lies my resolution to get back to myself.  I want to do the things that make me , me.  I want to get back to making time for what I loved to do for fun.  I promised myself, I'd start blogging again when I was ready.  I think I am.   


What will this NEW MON AME BLOG be about now?? Of course, motherhood, fashion, food, my life, as a working single mother.  My struggles, my accomplishments, my solutions, and how I make it day by day... it's not easy, let me tell you.  But I don't do it alone, I've got an amazing base of friend and family that have cheered me on and supported me all the way.  I'll tell you all about it.


Today, marks 1.8.2016... I am getting ready to travel to New York for my usual work trip, this coming Monday.  I'm prepping myself to be away from Penelope again for a week.  It's not easy, most people would say "oh , enjoy the time you have to yourself!!".  I'll tell you what it's like... it's like being outside of your body, looking at yourself, this inner guilt, and invisible cloud that has her face in it say "where's my mommy?".  Even though it's probably not like that, I'm sure she's having a blast without me. Ha.   BUT, I will make sure to see the beauty around me, and enjoy the moments.  On the positive, I get to see great friends that I miss so much , were my besties when I was on the east coast.  Super excited for that.  I'm lucky that I have an amazing job, and work with amazing people, and FOR amazing people.  Did I mention I love my bosses.  My job is stressful, but I think I am naturally a hard worker, so stress is normal.  

This weekend, cleaning out my crappy old wardrobe, revamping, donating a bunch of my old clothes, and becoming a minimalist (FML, probably not going to happen with a toddler child, but we'll see).   I bought this book, and I'm looking forward to reading it on the plane. 




AND , I finally hired A HOUSEKEEPER!! (enter clap hands emoji here).  Stoked about that!! I'll have her DEEP CLEAN MY filthy tiny apartment while I'm away, that includes washing my bedding and doing my laundry.  She sounded lovely on the phone.  My neighbor highly recommended her and has been using her for years. How bomb is that?  

Finally, I'll do some healthy food grocery shopping so Pea (yes, that's what I call her) has yummy treats while I'm away.  My wonderful Aunt/Cousin will watch her while I'm gone.  But good thing is my Dad & my sister want to jump in and watch her a few days while I'm away too, so super excited she'll feel the love.  

You want to see a picture of her you say?  BUT OF COURSE...SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!!!







 Have a great weekend all!

Till my next blog...hoping soon.  I'm already feeling inspired...

1) WHAT TO PACK WHEN GOING TO NY IN THE COLD WEATHER.
2)  HOW I SPEND MY WEEKEND WITH PEA
3)  RE-UNION WITH MY FRIENDS ON THE EAST COAST.
4) REAL LIFE, MOM LIFE .  no bullshit fluff, "oh having kids is the best thing ever!!".  Well, it is, but I'll tell you all about the vomit, shit, and grey hairs that comes with it.  Still love her more than life itself, but you need to hear these things. Someones got to keep it real.  That someone will be me.  Hello birth control!!


Comments