WORDS OF ADVICE- listen up

 

 
 Some advice I'd like to give ladies that don't have babies... in hindsight, I wish someone would have given me (or maybe they did , and I didn't really comprehend that they were really warning me)...

1) TRAVEL YOUR FACE OFF
2) SEE ONE MOVIE A WEEK, ALONE IF YOU CAN
3) READ AS MANY BOOKS AS YOU CAN
4) EAT SLOWLY- AND EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT (DON'T HOLD BACK)
5) ENJOY COMPANY, BE A GOOD LISTENER







 


I don't get to do any of these things anymore...well, to not make it count anyway. 

I am traveling to Seattle next week for work.  It's not the same when I travel for work.  There are way too many people to see, and visit.  When the purpose of the trip is obviously to work.  I try and squeeze in too much as usual.  I also have the never ending guilt of leaving the Pea nugget behind, and think of her CONSTANTLY.  I mean... How could I not?  I'll try to squeeze in as much "friend time" as possible, of course. 

So then I've got 2 NY trips planned in March.  Also work trips. 
And then COSTA RICA 3/10-3/13 for a wedding. Pleasure of course.  Excited about this trip.  Not taking Pea with me, it's too dangerous to take her to a foreign country on my own.  It's not like I have someone to hold her while she throws a fit while my friends walk down the aisle, that I flew all the way to see. 

Future blog posts to follow:
1) List of things to PACK to Costa Rica- What I've been eyeballing/drooling over.
2) NY Recaps, dinners, drinks, dates, debaucheries.
3) LA shopping (happening today, hopefully right after this post).  Which has been needing to happen.
4) Social Dating Apps...- yes or no.  I tried them.  A few times, I feel like it's a case of double dutch for me.  I'll jump in, have fun while I'm in there, and then I WANT OUT! FAST!!!  I really don't know how I feel about it.  I do know plenty of friends that have met on these dating apps and are happily together, and or married.  But so far, all I've experienced are meaningless relationships (no offense, but that's what they want as well, no strings, no attachments, just sex).  How is anyone supposed to meet a permanent partner these days?  I read an amazing article this morning.  And it made me cry.  If only I find a relationship like this one day...
https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/posts/1179159008824864:0


I'm going downtown now.  Did I mention I hate LA?  I hope that I start to at least have somewhat of a like in me for it.  There's absolutely nothing about it that appeals to me.  Everyday, I drive, in traffic, and think... God, what did I do?

You get what you wish for I guess.

Be careful kittens.

xo.


 

 

 

 

Comments